Thursday, September 12, 2013

Narrow-Minded Towards Judgemental

     You know, one thing I have noticed is that people over-do the whole "judgmental" thing... I might sound like a hypocrite especially with some of my previous posts, but I feel everyone has the right to be slightly judgmental... And to be judging of someone else's judgement is just as bad. Let me explain...
     It seems every opinion one might have is classified as judgmental. I am not going to lie, there are some life styles I am not going to approve of. If that offends you, I am sorry, but I don't want to live in a world where the bar is incredibly low to the point where if I don't give money to the guy on the street, who probably is using it on drugs, I am a bad person.
     I feel as though people are so afraid of being called "narrow minded" they start to lose there self-respect and approve of things they probably shouldn't. If you talk about doing drugs all the time and are stoned every time I talk to you and its hard to even have a conversation, I have a hard time respecting you. Does that make me judgmental? I feel as though many people would.
     I've met people who at one point were "judgey" and to avoid that LABEL they decided to do stupid things they normally wouldn't just so people wouldn't think they were bigoted. You know who I think get the most judgement? The people who actually try to live healthy and happy. You're 17 and a virgin? OH MY GOSH I CAN'T EVEN TALK TO YOU. YOU PROBABLY THINK I AM HORRIBLE PERSON CAUSE I LOST MINE IN 7th GRADE. That's how a lot of people I know are. Or people who do drugs think because you don't, you're going to be smug by the fact that you don't like snorting things up your nose.
     Now a lot of you reading this might call me ignorant and that no one thinks like this and that I shouldn't be so hard. The thing is, I KNOW SO MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE LIKE THIS. Excuse me for having an opinion first off, and secondly, sorry I don't chose to do things that can potentially ruin my life.
     In other sense, yes there are times people are unreasonably judgmental and I do think they should be humbled... But at the same time if you are just as rude to them back, that doesn't make you a better person. it just makes you a d-bag back.

No comments:

Post a Comment